Turn the tide 4 children (ttt4c) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), and through the SEED Strategy local Churches are facilitated through a process to develop sustainable communities. A transitioning within ttt4c from project-based funding started in September 2007 when the new SEED Strategy took off as a pilot phase in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng, with some Churches already exploring the new process of community development as their approach for Social Ministry.
Through the SEED Strategy, ttt4c aims to Strengthen, Encourage, Equip and Deploy local Churches to meet the needs of vulnerable children through sustainable community interventions.
Through partnership and networking with SEED (resourced) Churches and Community churches, the necessary assistance, guidance and training is provided in order to enable them to initiate sustainable community interventions.
- strengthen community-based support systems;
- improve the social conditions, health, development and quality of life in these communities;
- support families and households coping with the care of orphans and vulnerable children;
- build capacity through training and skills-development;
- encourage these communities to develop sustainable capacity over the long term and thereby be capable of coping with the needs and care of orphans and vulnerable children.
The SEED Strategy aims to build a more sustainable response through the local Church, so that whole communities develop capacity to provide care for their vulnerable children. SEED and Community Church members engage in a mentorship process during which ttt4c acts as a catalyst, providing funding and training in developing communities, so that more sustainable responses to the needs of vulnerable children are initiated. By working alongside a resourced Church, realistic responses can be developed within a limited period, but the ideal is to encourage a partnership between the resourced Church and a community Church in the area that the Strategy is targeting. In this way, true community-based sustainable programmes will be developed.
By partnering with turn the tide 4 children, you can make a real difference as local churches impact communities and care for vulnerable children!